New Features in Grail 0.6
The list is short this time.
- The bookmarks facility now supports exporting parts of the
bookmark tree and importing bookmark files into an existing
tree. When saving all or part of the tree, an option can be
set to remove privacy-sensitive information. This can be very
helpful when exchanging bookmark data with others.
- The approach used to support new MIME types, both as
documents and as embedded objects, has been revised somewhat.
The new approach uses fewer directories; the module for each
MIME type now contains both the embedding and document APIs
- The text/x-python MIME type is supported as a
document type as well as the type of applet code. When
presented as a document, Grail will attempt to colorize it as
Python source code.
- I'll admit it: I've looked at Internet Explorer IE.
There's actually one feature that seems to have been unique to
IE but which I liked well enough to implement it in Grail:
"hovering" over links. This is enabled by default in Grail
0.6; use the Style preference panel to configure or disable
it. (It looks best with anchor underlining off and hover
- Barry Warsaw's "pynche" color selector is used for color
selection in the preference panels.
- The title of a link target can be shown instead of the URL
if the resource is known (has previously been visited), or if
the page author provided the TITLE attribute for the anchor.
This can be enabled in the General preferences panel.
See also the list of features in previous