(See also common preferences panel help.)
The General Grail Preferences Panel
This preferences panel contains miscellaneous settings relating to
the browser, startup, and other behaviors that don't fit in specific
- Home page
- User's custom home page - the Grail home page is used if no custom
page is specified.
- Initial page
- Should an initial page be visited in the first browser when Grail
- Browser geometry
- Default height and width for new browsers when they open.
- Max. connections
- The maximum number of HTTP connections opened at a time
- Image loading
- Should inline images be loaded?
- Link information
- Should titles of link targets be shown, if known?
- Advanced SGML recognition
- Should advanced SGML be supported?
- Smooth scrolling
- Should new browsers be opened with a hack to enable smooth
scrolling, eg so the entirety of images larger than the browser are
viewable? (Smooth scrolling imposes an artificial page size limit, so
it should be used with discretion. Scrolling to a fragment identified
by the <A NAME="id"> ... </A> construct is also broken by
- Distributed objects - Enable ILU main loop
- If enabled and the ILU interface is available, Grail will use an
ILU-compatible main loop. This allows applets to act as both ILU
clients and servers, and should not be enabled unless you are
confident in your firewall!
- View History Items By
- Items in the history window can be viewed either by titles or by URLs.